Undocumented Aliens Must Register for Selective Service


Selective Service does not collect any information which would indicate whether or not you are undocumented.

You want to protect yourself for future U.S. citizenship and other government benefits and programs by registering with Selective Service.  Do it today.

If you are a man ages 18 through 25 and living in the U.S., then you must register with Selective Service.  It’s the law.

According to law, a man must register with Selective Service within 30 days of his 18th birthday.  Selective Service will accept late registrations but not after a man has reached age 26.  You may be denied benefits or a job if you have not registered.

You can register at any U.S. Post Office and do not need a social security number.  When you do obtain a social security number, let Selective Service know.  Provide a copy of your new social security number card; being sure to include your complete name, date of birth, Selective Service registration number, and current mailing address; and mail to the Selective Service System, P.O. Box 94636, Palatine, IL 60094-4636.

If you have a social security number, you can register online (click here).  It’s quick and easy.

For more information about the Selective Service, visit the Selective Service System website.

Source: Selective Service System

Ruchi Thaker

Ruchi Thaker is New York City-based immigration attorney with extensive experience and excellent reputation for effective legal representation in simple and difficult immigration cases. I have experience in areas of deportation defense (criminal and non-criminal), federal court litigation, representation on appeals and motions with the immigration courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals, family-based immigration, asylum, naturalization, and consular processing.
Ruchi Thaker
Posted in Selective Service.