DHS will formally announce this morning that it will offer deferred action to DREAMers.
Preliminary information indicates that eligible applicants must:
- Be 15-30 years old, and have entered before age 16
- Have been present in the U.S. for 5 years as of June 15, 2012
- Have maintained continuous residence
- Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes
- Be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military
The deferred action offer will be available to those in proceedings as well as to those who apply affirmatively.
The White House is expected to make a formal announcement this afternoon at 1:15 EST.
Check back on our blog here at Law Office of Ruchi Thaker for updates as they become available.
- Visa Waiver order voluntarily rescinded by ICE after 23 years! - October 3, 2023
- Show Me the Money! – Understanding the Affidavit of Support for a Green Card - September 19, 2023
- Navigating Cancellation of Removal for Permanent Residents: A Comprehensive Guide - August 17, 2023