DHS will formally announce this morning that it will offer deferred action to DREAMers.
Preliminary information indicates that eligible applicants must:
- Be 15-30 years old, and have entered before age 16
- Have been present in the U.S. for 5 years as of June 15, 2012
- Have maintained continuous residence
- Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes
- Be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military
The deferred action offer will be available to those in proceedings as well as to those who apply affirmatively.
The White House is expected to make a formal announcement this afternoon at 1:15 EST.
Check back on our blog here at Law Office of Ruchi Thaker for updates as they become available.
Latest posts by Ruchi Thaker (see all)
- Non-LPR Cancellation of Removal victory in NYC immigration court! - May 8, 2018
- Turkish asylum victory in New York immigration court - April 27, 2018
- Cancellation of Removal Victory in Immigration Court - April 2, 2018