The Board of Immigration Appeals was closed February 5-11, 2010, due to extreme weather conditions in the Washington, DC, area. On this occasion, the Board will apply a temporary “grace period” for the following filings:
(1) the filing was due on any date from Friday, February 5, 2010, to Thursday, February 18, 2010, and
(2) the filing was received on or before February 19, 2010.
The grace period will apply automatically. No request or documentation is required.
Filings that arrive after February 19, 2010, are subject to normal filing deadlines. If weather is an issue for any of those filings, parties should consult the BIA Practice Manual, Chapter 3.1(b)(v), on page 34 (“Natural or manmade disasters”).
- Joint Motion to Reopen Agreed to by DHS for an Old Removal Order - September 20, 2022
- Greencard through consular processing and I-601 waiver - September 19, 2020
- Trump Administration Implements New Public Charge Rule on February 24, 2020 - January 31, 2020